Friday, November 30, 2007

Crandon Park - Key Biscayne



We made our way up Biscayne Bay and were headed back to Miami, but poked our nose into Crandon Park Marina, across the bay from Miami to see if they had room for us. Marinas in South Folrida are somewhat like parking lots at Hillsdale Mall the 22nd of December. Lots of parking spaces but most are occupied. There are lots of marinas, with lots of slips, but all of the tackey people that own boats up North, are here for the winter.


I had trouble finding a spot for the 9 days that the boat will be in Ft. Lauderdale before she goes onto the transport ship. I was successful this afternoon, allowing us the freedom to explorre down to Key West while we wait to depart ourselves. We will slip Vita Bella into a slip there tomorrow.


We were buzzed by a photo helecopter this afternoon and they only want $250.00 for the photo, I don't think so!


The water is deep green, and the air warm. It is a real treat to be able to sit outside and enjoy the weather. I wish I could join the guys on the transom seat, however the little bugs are here too, and I will keep typing and keep the bite level to a minimum.


Enjoy your weekend, we are having a GREAT time, and while we put Matt & Wayne on the plane tomorrow afternoon, Joe & I look forward to Vicki's arrival and our trip to Key West.


Ross, Joe,Matt & Wayne

No comments: