Sunday, December 9, 2007

Back in Burlingame





Well, the phone call arrived from Chris Keydon, the Capt. that will load Vita Bella on the ship. I made all of the arrangements necessary, looked at Joe and picked the phone up and called Jet Blue to change our flight to Saturday. We made the boat ready for her trip to Ensenada in a rain storm and took our soaking wet bodies to the shower. We changed, kissed the boat goodbye and drove the short 3 miles to the Ft. Lauderdale Airport.




Sitting at Chili's we had a light dinner and waited to board the plane. A short 5 hours later we were in Oakland, having watched Direct TV all the way across the Nation. The Coyote Point Yacht Club's Christmas party was being held, so after Diana picked us up, we went to the Club and said hello to everyone.




Joe is headed back to Grass Valley, the boat is sitting in Dania Beach, Florida and I am in Burlingame. I will be heading to the Valley this week, getting back into the groove here and watching my e-mails for word on when I will be needed in Ensenada to take Vita Bella off the ship.




While I really enjoyed the Odyssey, it is also good to be home with Diana, Kaitlyn and Bailey the Cocker Spaniel.




I will keep the blog updated as to the boats progress toward Ensenada and being back home, I am looking forward to saying hello to everyone in person.




Thanks to Larry, John Bob,Mike,Joe,Wayne & Matt for helping me get the boat the almost 2000 nautical miles we have put under here keels.






Ross

No comments: